Website Denver International Airport
Largest airport in North America, 3rd busiest airport in world
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least three days a week, and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility at the center of all that we do.
The Culture & Strategy Division is seeking an influential leader to join our team as the Senior Director of Strategy & Innovation. As part of the DEN Chief of Staff portfolio, the Culture & Strategy Division is responsible for leading DEN’s efforts in five key areas impacting the entire organization, including our stakeholders: (1) Vision 100 Strategic Plan and performance measurement; (2) Equity, Engagement & Inclusion; (3) Continuous Improvement; (4) Employee Wellness Program and; (5) DEN’s Commerce Hub.
For this role, we are seeking an experienced and innovative strategic planning expert who is passionate about guiding organizational strategy and performance measurement. With organization-wide impact, the Senior Director of Strategy & Innovation serves a key role in developing and maintaining the Vision 100 Strategic Plan while overseeing our Continuous Improvement, Employee Wellness and Strategic Data Management programs.
In this role, you will contribute to DEN’s success through the following job responsibilities:
- Build strong trustworthy working relationships with partners such as the executive and senior leadership team, staff at all levels of the organization, and a wide range of stakeholders
- Establish high functioning executive and senior leadership team interactions with the ability to influence in a large organization
- Guide and support development and ongoing evaluation and maintenance of the Vision 100 strategic plan, including division-level goal development to support enterprise-wide strategy
- Research, identify and implement best practices to develop and sustain cutting edge practices at DEN. Develop an interactive data model, in partnership with leaders and stakeholders, that will serve as a tool to identify and monitor for impacts to strategic goals, at the division and enterprise levels. This includes supporting data analysis and developing formal reports to be used in leadership discussions and decision-making processes
- Align the performance-based strategic plan goals to leadership performance management strategies and assist with updating based on organizational progress check points
- Provides leadership to the Continuous Improvement team, ensuring alignment of standards, efficient processes and procedures to the department strategic priorities and impacts to organization goals. This aspect includes analysis and consideration of financial impacts, in partnership with department leaders
- Supervise the Wellness Coordinator and guides a holistic Wellness workplan to ensure alignment to the city-wide wellness model elements of professional, financial, physical, and mental health outcomes
- Lead the Strategic Data Management team, providing oversight and guidance in the utilization, documentation and standardization of enterprise-wide data to provide strong decision-making tools for leaders across the organization. Oversee budgets and contracts supporting the Continuous Improvement, Wellness and Strategic Data
- Management programs. Manage and recommend annual budget for these functions, analyze and project future needs, and track expenditures to ensure compliance with fiscal guidelines
- Strengthen strategies and tactics to ensure cross-promotion and integration of all Culture & Strategy functions are developed and delivered and achieving optimum impacts
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following experience:
Five years of experience in leading the strategic planning process in a large organization, including data and performance measurement efforts, and fostering strong working relationships.
Advanced demonstrated leadership and proven success in supervising and inspiring staff.
Experience in developing annual work plans, performance management (assessing outcomes) and measuring against budget and contract management aspects.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration Management, Aviation Management or a related field
- Experience: Five (5) years of management level work experience in a complex corporation or airport or a related industry. Two years of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight, evaluation of business processes, policy development and implementation, and decision making experience with planning and organizing multiple projects, operations or functions
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com