Website Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least three days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at the center of all that we do.
The Deputy Chief Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Establishes the long-term vision and strategic plan for the division in conjunction with the airport’s leadership team while integrating the perspectives of policy makers and elected officials
- Manages the development and implementation of the division’s goals, objectives, policies, performance standards, and priorities that enable employees and the division leaders to be successful
- Maintains community, regulatory, and external awareness to monitor conditions, trends, innovations and practices that may have implications for the airport. Incorporate systems thinking to help guide change that supports continuous improvement
- Coordinates with other divisions to ensure the safe operation of the airport, compliance with applicable government regulations, and retention of FAA Certification
- Creates division organization design and optimizes resource allocations based on the long-term vision of the airport and available financial resources
- Provides leadership and direction to division leaders to ensure the continued development and management of the workforce
- Monitors work teams, work assignments and priorities to accomplish the division’s mission, goals, and objectives efficiently and effectively
- Resolves complex issues with multiple internal and external stakeholders to identify solutions which add value to the overall management of the airport. Initiates new programs which represent innovative or state of the art approaches to resolving system-wide problems
- Represents division in meetings with elected and/or appointed officials and other city entities. Serves as the airport representative with a variety of public, business, and community organizations and fosters collaborative relationships to benefit the airport
- Cultivates and maintains positive working relationships with representatives from other divisions, the aviation industry, government agencies, community and business groups, and legislative officials. Performs other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following skills and experience:
- At least ten (10) years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility in Finance and/or Accounting functions of a U.S. Large Hub airport
- Experience leading teams(s) of at least 40 employees in Airport Finance and/or Accounting roles
- Experience participating in teams that successfully executed at least eight (8) Airport Revenue Bond transactions, including interactions with Rating Agencies, potential investors, underwriters, financial advisors, and airport consultants
- At least ten (10) years of experience creating, reviewing, and approving audited financial statements
- Experience presenting complex financial issues such as Budgets, Capital Plan, etc. to governing boards, Council, etc
- Experience interacting and coordinating complex financial issues with Airport stakeholders including airlines and regulatory agencies (i.e., Federal Aviation Administration)
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Aviation Management, Public Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or a related field
- Experience: Seven (7) years of experience directing and managing a division, agency, or operation to include managing a workforce, fiscal management, operational management and strategic decisions
- Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com