Website Delaware River & Bay Authority
Created by Compact between the States of Delaware and New Jersey
This position reports to the Digital Content Manager in Marketing and is
responsible for assisting in and implementing a wide variety of communications,
internal marketing activities, web projects, and social media to increase digital
communications capabilities of the Delaware River and Bay Authority (DRBA)
and its businesses with emphasis on the Airports Division. This position will be
required to maintain and grow social media and digital communications
platforms owned and operated by the DRBA to communicate with the public
and other DRBA stakeholder groups. Duties may include social media posting,
web page and blog post writing, special events assistance, digital content
development, writing, graphic design, and other duties.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in any marketing communications and social media initiatives which
can include, but are not limited to, implementation of social media strategy,
development of written/media content particularly for online outlets,
audience engagement and social monitoring, implementation of digital
promotion strategies, event promotion and coverage, and research of best
• Assists in establishing the DRBA as a digital communications leader by
testing and growing specific digital media channels.
• Assists in developing new outlets and marketing tools for use across
Authority Divisions to foster a unified brand identity and message.
• Assists in a broad range of tasks including, but not limited to, managing
promotions, attending meetings and interactions with employee groups in a
professional manner, relationship building and networking opportunities,
updating, and managing social media channels.
• Builds and grows DRBA audiences across social networks with the goal of
strengthening relationships with existing customers and building
relationships with new customers.
• Will be asked to travel to multiple DRBA work sites in NJ and/or DE
• Provide the highest level of customer service and professionalism to all
internal and external customers.
• Helps maintain archival systems of photos and content using internal DRBA
systems after training.
III. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Social Media experience across a diversity of platforms, including Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Additional experience with Pinterest,
TripAdvisor, YouTube, Vimeo is beneficial.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, and
methods of the department and their application to specific cases after a period
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge
of Adobe Suite programs, Canva, Hootsuite, Schedugram and other graphic
and social media planning/analytics platforms is beneficial.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• The ability to work effectively independently and on a team
• Ability to keep documents, graphics, media, etc. organized digitally (within
• Ability to provide superior customer service to everyone by responding in a
courteous and efficient manner
IV. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• College student or graduate from an accredited college, university, or
community college with a demonstrated background in social media use and
development. Bonus if your major is web development, digital
communications, or design.
• Demonstrated writing skills, with samples of past work or examples of
capabilities required for review.
V. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, AND/OR CERTIFICATES
• Valid Driver’s License
VI. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Delaware River and Bay Authority requires all employees to have direct
deposit with a financial institution or enroll in the payroll card program to
receive their bi-weekly pay
• All potential employees will be subject to a background investigation
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing
To apply for this job please visit www.drba.net.