Website CVG Airport
The airport of choice to work for, fly from and do business with
Responsible for managing the technical, financial, and business administration of airport projects from concept through implementation, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Responsible for management and performance of project planning, design, budgets, project delivery methods, and project control procedures for airport projects and programs that enhance the business, including analysis of operational implications, impacts to the master plan, regulatory requirements, and safety requirements.
- Liaison for CVG tenants wishing to build, remodel, or expand existing facilities by relaying CVG standard requirements, reviewing plans and specifications, coordinating with tenant and designer, coordinating review of plans, issuing permits, and conducting site visits to verify compliance to plans, specifications, and standards.
- Direct and monitor the progress of project activities. Oversee the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of construction.
- Manages and facilitates implementation of projects and plans relevant to CVG within procurement requirements and established schedules and budgets. Manages development of negotiating strategy, scope, pricing, and terms for construction and consultant contracts.
- Responsible for coordinating project budget information in support of the KCAB annual budget across several KCAB departments.
- Manages projects in accordance with KCAB and department procedures including record management, document control, and project closeout.
- Responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management. As the subject matter expert responsible for all key aspects of contract management ensuring KCAB’s interests are represented in any business activities regarding the agreement. Prepares RFP’s, bid specifications, and negotiates contracts.
- Establishes and maintains efficient relationships with vendors, program managers, project engineers, design firms, construction firms, and other agencies or organizations.
- Identifies active and potential projects to be included in the Operating, Maintenance, and Capital Project Programs.
- Presents specific project data and technical information for on-going and proposed projects to support goals.
- Staff management responsibility may include supervision, delegation and review of assigned work, performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, staff development, application of organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, engineering, project management, construction management, or a related field with three (3) to five (5) years of experience. Minimum of one (1) year experience managing large scale, complex projects; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above.
- Certification as a planner, architect, professional engineer (PE), certified construction manager (CCM), Program Management Professional (PgMP), Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Valid drivers license.
- Obtain and maintain position appropriate NIMS & emergency training.
- Project management principles and the management of projects’ life cycle phases; from initiation and planning through design, bidding, implementation, and close out.
- Effective project management practices and standards including sound judgment, decision making, problem solving, sense of urgency, productivity, effective time management and the concurrent management of multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Uniform Building Codes, OSHA building construction regulations and other pertinent safety rules and regulations.
- FAA regulations.
- Principles and practices of airport planning, design and construction.
- Principles and practices of airport administration, including budgeting, purchasing , contracting and records maintenance.
- Contract management.
- Understanding, interpreting and enforcing compliance with plans, specifications, schedules and contract provisions
- Clearly and effectively communicating, both orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated skill in managing large scale complex projects;
- Demonstrated skill in estimating, scheduling, and budget control techniques and use of computer software;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including; Microsoft Project (or equivalent scheduling program), word processing, presentation software and spreadsheets. AutoCAD is not required, but preferred.
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
- Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgment.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Medium Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cvgairport.com.