In this position, you will be responsible for coordinating all planning and development activities of the Airport (Colorado Springs Airport), including Business Park and General Aviation development. You will also work with other divisions, outside agencies, and the public to provide professional assistance, detailed and conceptual airfield and landside planning, rezoning, platting, development plan review, and coordination of development within the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) guidelines.
Essential Job Functions– the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Act as the lead planner and point of contact for all private development plan submittals within Airport property
- Prepare RFPs (request for proposals), recommend the selection of consultants, write contracts, and plan and direct the work of consulting architects, engineers, and subcontractors
- Perform site planning for all Airport property; work with the marketing department to promote future development
- Establish project schedules, assist with cost estimates, and submit progress reports to senior Airport management
- Lead the review of Airport tenant submittals under the City Development Review process, including participating on the Design Review Committee, documenting tenant submittals, attending pre-submittal conferences, and consolidating City agency comments
- Interact with Airport tenants, FAA, city, state, and community groups concerning Airport planning, noise issues, and related matters
- Ensure project proposals are in compliance with FAA guidelines and City ordinances
- Research zoning, planning, development, utilities, and drainage history for the Airport
- Support private development through the development processes of local jurisdictions; facilitate efficient and cost-effective development; and work with Colorado Springs Utilities to develop long-term strategies for utility infrastructure in and around the Airport
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Property leases and permit compliance
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Construction/project management
- Airport operations and land planning process
- Utilities infrastructure, easements, and legal descriptions in and around an airport
- Write technical review documents
- Communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Successful candidate will have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public planning, public administration, aviation management, business management, or a related field
- Three years of full-time professional experience in aviation planning at a public use airport, or a related field
- One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
Ideal candidates will also have
- Three years of experience working for a City/Municipal government
- Experience managing construction projects
- Experience preparing RFPs
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.