Responsible for centralizing all Airport purchasing functions, to include providing professional services to Airport departments. Formulates policies and procedures to improve services and budgets.
Duties & Activities
- Reviews and approves purchases of all goods and services made by all departments in accordance with the established purchasing procedures and the Commission Purchasing Resolution.
- Reviews, analyzes and solves highly technical and complex purchasing transactions and problems.
- Prepares administrative reports as directed.
- Contributes to the development of administrative policies and procedures related to Purchasing. Originate and present documents to the Commission outlining the selection process for concessions, goods, and services.
- Administers the Commission Record Retention Policy for the Airport.
- Maintains and manages all Airport Agreement files.
- Supervise, coordinate, and review the work of professional and administrative support staff.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance. Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as required by operational needs.
- Respond to and assist with Airport emergencies. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field; six (6) years work experience in Governmental, Airport or related purchasing operations, including four (4) years experience in a supervisory role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to prepare budgets and supportive recommendations.
Ability to apply logic and system thinking to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Exercises considerable independent judgment in determining proper courses of action to follow.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a good working knowledge of all Microsoft office products and commercial database systems. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience with Microsoft D365 preferred.
Thorough knowledge of current methods and techniques utilized in contract development and administration and in cost and benefit analysis. Thorough knowledge of standard and special procurement and recording practices as applied to purchasing, control, and information systems. Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of contract and commercial laws, regulations and procedures as related to government and public procurement.
Act as liaison to the service and supplier community. Understanding of application of minority business and disadvantaged business participation in the procurement of services. Ability to organize training material and effectively train and interact with co-workers. Ability to participate meaningfully in detailed, complex discussions with executive management, attorneys and contract specialists.
Possession of professional certification as a Certified Purchasing Manager or Certified Professional Purchasing Officer is preferred.
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Most of the time is spent in general office or equivalent conditions. This is a safety sensitive position that requires employees to be alert at all times. Any work performed while under the influence of marijuana, alcohol or other controlled substances may constitute a threat to public health or safety.
Under regular pressure to meet simultaneous deadlines, quotas and/or must frequently deal with unpleasant issues related to people or situations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com