Website City of San Antonio
Under general direction, is responsible for serving in a critical role on the San Antonio Airport System’s (SAAS) Revenue Development Team. You will perform a variety of functions related to SAAS’s business development, property management and airline affairs. The Revenue Development Team is hyper focused on the optimization of airport revenues through the utilization of business intelligence, aggressive innovation, partnership development, and strategic planning. In this highly cross functional role, you will serve as a primary liaison between SAAS and our airport tenants and provide day-to-day tactical business management of your portfolio, assist in the negotiations of leases and operational agreements, policy development, regulatory compliance, department strategies, and develop effective and impactful business deals to improve airport revenues, increase the economic impact of our airports to our community, and improve offerings to the users and tenants of our airports. This dynamic position will allow you to develop your experience in multiple areas of airport management. You will experience a variety of work environments including more traditional office spaces and engagement with business partners and tenants in our terminals, rental car facility, and on the airfield. May exercise functional supervision over assigned staff.
San Antonio International Airport, 9800 Airport Blvd,, San Antonio, Texas 78216
7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes and evaluates property usage: participates in market surveys, research in real estate areas, aviation related studies, and feasibility studies resulting in recommendations to Airport management for approval of business deals, contracts and policies; performs rate analysis and prepares recommendations to assist in rental rate determination; prepares and presents plans and reports by extracting information from market surveys and appraisal reports; drafts administrative reports informing the Airport leadership of the status of items under consideration; works with other staff in preparing requests for proposals to develop property in order to ensure that current or future development conforms with city, state and federal guidelines and SAAS policy; participates in the planning of facilities.
- Negotiates airline lease and use agreements, operational agreements, non-concession related, non-competitive land and facility rental, contracts and renewals: including month-to-month permits and leases with potential tenants for rates, size and use of space, location, responsibility for repairs and maintenance and term of agreement.
- Works cross functionally with other SAAS Departments, Airport tenants, and stakeholders to plan and develop new innovative programs/facilities which are engaging, optimized to meet revenue goals, operationally efficient, and cost responsible.
- Drafts and administers proposals of use, bid packages, leases, permits and other documents relative to opportunity sites: negotiates with prospective tenants in the development of bidding guidelines for the awarding of contracts, adhering to SAAS guidelines and standards in order to maximize potential income and minimize costly alterations to ensure that property is used for activities which conform with codes, policy and developmental strategy; prepares drafts for form and content before submission to management and Airport’s legal counsel; coordinates closely with legal counsel and other staff as appropriate in matters of lease preparation and litigation; prepares packages for management review and approval.
- Monitors current data based lease management system: including record-keeping procedures for rental of property; including updating property inventory, reports and manuals; administers commencement and expiration of leases, concession agreements and various space permits; updates lists of interested tenants; notifies tenants of adjustments in rental rates; oversees tenant location maps, exhibits or plans to reflect current status of assigned properties; coordinates internal notification regarding changes of tenancies and existing tenant operating parameter; reviews the status of insurance and bonds.
- Manages and administers active agreements: for compliance with Airport policies, procedures and lease terms; inspects properties on a regular basis to ensure compliance with lease terms, Airport and life/safety practices; prepares and monitors maintenance work requests; contacts tenants regarding timely and correct payments and resolving delinquent payments; monitors tenant improvement programs for new and existing tenancies, including design review; manages transition of possession of leased premises.
- Maintains and fosters landlord-tenant relationship: as primary contact with tenants, maintains regular communication with tenants; assists tenants through suggestions in facility development, relocation or judicious business acumen to maximize Airport revenue and operating efficiencies.
- Coordinates property activities: with governmental agencies on real estate and related activities such as easements, contracts, leases, permits and rights of ways; interacts with community organizations and Airport divisions, engineering and building inspection, police and others.
- Responds to prospective tenants and public: regarding current structure, potential uses of property and other policy matters; recruits a wide selection of possible tenants while maintaining the desired physical plan, public convenience, safety, facility attractiveness and other conditions consistent with Airport goals and policies.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in contract management, preparation, or compliance preferably with an emphasis in the areas of airport property management and airport business development.
- Valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License.
- Must pass a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Threat Assessment and a Criminal History Records check upon employment.
- Must maintain federally mandated security clearance required to work at an airport at all times.
- Experience in Airport Property Management or related field.
- Experience in finance, commercial real estate with emphasis in airport property management, airline affairs and ground transportation revenue management.
- Experience in analytical processing.
- Experience with Airport Lease and Operational Agreements.
To submit an applications visit the City of San Antonio website:
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.