Website City of San Antonio
Under direction, is responsible for performing professional work managing the development, review, and approval of the design and construction of airport buildings and facilities and providing technical assistance to other related building construction as directed by the Aviation Department. Leads and/or coordinates with Aviation vertical project management team(s). Working conditions are in an office or construction environment with occasional exposure to temperature extremes, traffic construction. Exercises functional supervision over assigned staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees the customer service initiatives and supports the mission of the Aviation Department’s Construction and Development Division and Capital Improvements Program.
- Directs and participates in Aviation project development.
- Develops and monitors construction and professional services contracts.
- Leads, facilitates, conducts and develops the Aviation Department’s Design Review Committee.
- Leads, develops and enforces organizational Design Criteria and Standards for the Department.
- Serves as the Aviation Department’s American Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator.
- Conducts Quality Assurance inspections during all phases of construction.
- Reviews consultant and tenant design drawings for constructability and code compliance.
- Establishes and supervises the development and planning of preliminary programs, budgets, and schedules to meet project needs and makes recommendations on project delivery methods.
- Assists with the consultant selection process and oversees and manages their work products; reporting any issues that will delay project delivery.
- Reviews plans, specifications, cost estimates, and inspects sites during construction operations.
- Oversees city staff and the consultants as they coordinate with contractors and client departments and communicates with various department representatives.
- Develops reports and presentations on projects to Aviation staff and the general public.
- Oversees staff adherence to department policies on records and file management procedures.
- Programs, designs, draws, and writes technical specifications for Aviation/airport projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in architecture.
- Valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Architect in the State of Texas.
- Must obtain a license to practice in the State of Texas within one (1) year of employment.
Applications must be submitted online through the City of San Antonio’s website at:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org