Website City of San Antonio
Under general direction, performs professional planning work with both administrative and technical responsibilities for proposed transportation projects. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares studies for proposed transportation projects.
- Researches, collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data related to transportation planning.
- Responds to department requests for information, as well as from the general public.
- Designs and interprets transport and transportation surveys to identify areas of public concern.
- Reviews, monitors, and processes plans for transportation systems with applicable transportation regulations.
- Generates and interprets data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems or associated databases.
- Produces environmental documents, such as environmental assessments and environmental impact statements.
- Reviews and analyzes information from traffic counting programs.
- Participates in public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs. Sets up for and attends off-site meetings as needed.
- Acts as a resource to and liaison between City Departments within COSA as well as external contacts. Provides technical guidance and direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- One (1) year of transportation planning experience.
- Valid Class ‘C’ Texas Driver’s License.
- Experience or training in the field of Aviation Transportation planning.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com