Website City of San Antonio Aviation Department
The City of San Antonio Aviation Department is seeking a Director of Airports for the San Antonio International Airport (SAT) and Stinson Municipal Airport (SSF). The director is responsible for planning, directing, managing and overseeing airport operations, air service development, financial, customer experience and property administration, economic development, facilities maintenance, airport security, fire protection and public relations. The director also coordinates assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies including the military and provides highly complex administrative support to the City Manager’s office.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A skilled leader and manager with a proven track record of motivating and developing staff.
- A polished communicator with experience articulating complex issues to elected officials, governmental leadership and members of the community.
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to analyze situations quickly and objectively in order to determine proper course of action or alternatives
- A results–oriented leader possessing excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Aviation Management, Public or Business Administration, or a related field.
- Ten (10) years of increasingly responsible professional experience in aviation management or airport/ airfield operations, including five (5) years of administrative or supervisory responsibility.
- Or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $195,000 – $210,000 for the ideal candidate. Salary is negotiable depending on experience. The City also offers an attractive benefits package including phone & car allowance and relocation assistance. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Posting closes October 11, 2019.
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.