Website City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
In 2022, the City of Phoenix was named one of America’s top 500 employers by Forbes magazine. The City of Phoenix, Aviation Department manages and operates Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Phoenix, Deer Valley Airport, and Phoenix Goodyear Airport. Together, these three airports serve a thriving region through scalable and future-focused technology solutions.
Reporting directly to the Assistant CIO – Aviation, the Management Assistant II will contribute to the success of the Technology division by providing executive administrative support, facilitate special projects, Aviation board and legislative documentation, contract management, budget administration, and support the overall administration of division’s goals. This position is critical to the success of the entire Technology division through its multi-dimensional support function which impacts all technical sections. This position requires the person to be a customer service champion who inherently understands the reward derived from supporting various teams in day-to-day activities and tasks and making them successful.
This candidate is a self-motivated, self-directed professional who understands a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and can work with minimal guidance. Day-to-day work is performed under general supervision, but considerable independence is expected. The position will supervise two direct reports, a Secretary II and an Administrative Aide.
- Write, edit, review, and share a variety of written documentation including reports, correspondence, memos, City Council reports, Request for Council Action, Aviation Sub-committee reports, Aviation Board reports, Legistar reports, contracts, procurement documents (RFI/RFP/RFQ, etc.), presentations, and others.
- Administer the Technology division’s budget by working closely with various functional teams (sections) to prepare annual operating budget, track spending, provide routine reports on variance and ultimately manage the budget. This role requires the person to have command over Technology division’s operating budget and they must enjoy administering budget.
- Coordinate, prepare, review, and track a multi-year IT Investment Plan with Information Technology Services department and own annual updates with various sections.
- Provide day-to-day and strategic coordination of division and department programs and services.
- Be the central point of contact for division’s multiple staffing services contracts. Liaise with each staffing firm and their employees for day-to-day staffing activity and requirements. Communicate division’s staffing needs and coordinate hiring and on-boarding of contract staff with staffing firms and hiring managers.
- Monitor division’s all active contracts/agreements with vendors and coordinate closely with technical owners and Contracts & Services division on amendments, contract changes, renewal, or solicitation activities to ensure support for all systems and services do not lapse.
- Oversee all audit and compliance tasks and activities. Continuously monitor, track and coordinate compliance and remediation work with various technical teams to ensure all audit goals are met on time.
- Manage division’s multi-year procurement plan and coordinate solely with Contracts & Services.
- Study major operational problems and make recommendations on improvements.
- Assist the ACIO with various special projects both at the division and department level to ensure goals are met.
- Explain City policies and practices, and staff’s analysis and recommendations in simple, non-technical language.
Currently, positions in the Aviation Technology Department may be eligible for up to 2-3 days of telework per week, at the discretion of the Department Director, and work is performed under the supervision of the Assistant CIO.
- Ability to work with executives and functional teams across the organization on administrative functions and special initiatives.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with clearly organized thoughts using proper English sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to use critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of operations within an enterprise fund department.
- Ability to work with little guidance and deliver on key initiatives through collaboration.
- Knowledge of Legistar, SAP, Microsoft Office.
- Innovative, adaptable, and ready to jump in to support the division/department initiatives.
- Passion for learning, teamwork, and helping others.
- Team player who builds relationships with other teams and delivers exceptional support function to the organization.
$64,168.00 – $97,739.20 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $97,739.20 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. Additionally, effective 10/1/2022, Paid Parental Leave is now offered to eligible employees up to 480 hours (12 weeks) of paid leave for the birth, adoption, or foster care placement of a child during a 12-month period.
For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
- Three years of professional-level experience in research, finance or public administration.
- Master’s degree in business or public administration, or a related field.
- The City job description can be found here.
- The following list is not all inclusive but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Experience reviewing, editing, and writing correspondence, supplemental requests, and city council reports.
- Experience working with SAP Enterprise.
- Administrative experience supporting a middle manager/executive leader.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively and professionally communicating with customers, co-workers, boards, commissions, and public in face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Understanding/experience within City of Phoenix, Aviation/IT organization is a plus.
- Experience in monitoring contracts, agreements, budget administration is highly desirable.
- Experience in supervising is a plus.
Recruitment closes February 6, 2023. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one-time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- Job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Arizona at Work has frequent classes to help with resume writing, interviewing skills, and general career guidance. Click here for more information.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Management Assistant II: Job ID #48615
Building the Phoenix of tomorrow.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.phoenix.gov.