Website City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Aviation Department manages and operates the Phoenix Airport System which consists of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Deer Valley Airport, and Goodyear Airport. The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport has consistently been ranked as one of the top ten busiest airports in the nation. Serving more than 125,000 passengers daily, with over 1,200 flights per day, the airport has a total economic impact of more than $38 billion per year.
The City of Phoenix Aviation Department is seeking to fill one Aviation Grants Program Manager (Economic Development Program Manager) position within the Planning & Environmental Division.
This position oversees grants administration. Key areas of responsibility include:
· Assisting in developing airport development strategies and plans.
· Managing inter-divisional coordination matters related to project funding needs.
· Ensuring regulatory compliance related to grants and associated contracts.
· Negotiating grant opportunities and funding with local, state, and federal agency decision-makers.
· Engaging in complex decision-making and evaluation to determine efficient grant programming.
· Utilizing effective communication and basic accounting skills to maintain, report, share, and promote programming needs and objectives.
· Maintaining current knowledge of airport grant administration best practices and trends.
· Developing project management protocols that ensure long-term grant management success.
· Overseeing staff and consultants, as assigned.
· Ability to take initiative and work independently.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize, especially under tight deadlines.
· Ability to effectively manage relationships with all airport stakeholders.
· Knowledge of FAA grants administration, rules, and processes.
· Demonstrated success leading and supervising work units.
· Desire to expand skill set, learn and grow professional abilities.
$67,537.60 – $102,564.80 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $102,564.80 depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days and personal leave days. Additionally, effective 10/1/2022, Paid Parental Leave is now offered to eligible employees up to 480 hours (12 weeks) of paid leave for the birth, adoption or foster care placement of a child during a 12-month period.
For more details, visit: Unit 007 Benefits
· Five years of professional experience in urban economic development, public facility or infrastructure development, commercial development, transportation development, workforce development, business assistance, or public and/or private finance.
· Three of which required management of and decision-making authority for projects or programs.
· Bachelor’s degree in economic development, urban planning, public or business administration, or a related field.
· Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
· The City job description can be found here.
· The following list is not all inclusive but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
· For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
· Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
· Five years of experience in public sector capital project development, finance, accounting, engineering, management, or grants administration.
· Experience writing grant applications.
· Experience in contract management and compliance monitoring.
· Experience in researching and interpreting contract provisions.
· Experience in examining budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with applicable procedures and regulations.
· Experience in providing technical assistance with cost analysis and budget preparation.
Recruitment closes February 1, 2023. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- Job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Arizona at Work has frequent classes to help with resume writing, interviewing skills, and general career guidance. Click here for more information.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Economic Development Program Manager: Job Code 08750, ID # 48577
Building the Phoenix of tomorrow.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.phoenix.gov.