Website City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country, serving as Arizona’s center of government, commerce, and culture. It is emerging in the new economy with strength in high technology, manufacturing, bioscience research, and advanced business services. Phoenix is a young, progressive city, brimming with sports and cultural attractions, distinctive restaurants, fascinating museums, diverse residential options, and endless outdoor opportunities.
The City of Phoenix is seeking a results-oriented professional to manage the design and construction of airport/aviation facilities and infrastructures. For this specific position, you must be registered in the State of Arizona as a Professional Engineer, or a Registered Professional Architect. Responsibilities include managing the Project Management Program, Job Order Contracting Program, and Tenant Improvement Program within the Design and Construction Services Division in the Aviation Department.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Knowledge of Airport public relations.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, especially under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with all Airport Stakeholders such as Airlines, Concessionaires, tenants, business partners, local government officials, the community, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in management/supervision of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) funded projects.
Up to $121,638.40 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 9% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,600/annual car allowance and $1,440/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Middle Manager benefits package is offered which includes:
Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA/HDHP plan; wellness incentive of up to $720 annually, dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 12.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days.
For more details, visit: Middle Manager Benefits.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in public administration and research, or construction management.
- Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, government management, architecture, engineering, or a related field.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here.
- The following list is not all inclusive but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification.
- Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
- Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Registered as an Architect or Professional Engineer.
- Experience in management/supervision of roadways/bridges/utility projects.
- Experience in management/supervision of new building construction and remodeling.
- Experience leading large process improvement projects that include multiple disciplines/departments.
- Experience managing capital improvement programs and budgets.
- Experience managing and negotiating large projects from concept through implementation.
- Experience with supervising role with responsibilities such as staff goal setting, accountability, coaching, performance reviews, scheduling, etc.
Recruitment closes December 8, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/current-jobs/ by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
- Job interviews may be held by video or audio conference.
- If you are in need of computer resources, click here for free options.
- Arizona at Work has frequent classes to help with resume writing, interviewing skills, and general career guidance. Click here for more information.
- Explore other Employment Opportunities with the City of Phoenix.
- Subscribe to receive e-mail notifications about new employment opportunities.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Special Projects Administrator: Job Code 08610, ID # 46899
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.phoenix.gov.