Website CITY OF HOUSTON AIRPORT SYSTEM
Airport, Construction, Survey, Building Standards
APPLICATION ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSON INTERESTED
Division/Section: INFRASTRUCTURE / CONSTRUCTION
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, possible weekends and holidays – (subject to change)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The purpose of the Houston Airport System building standards and permitting construction section is to provide “in-house” code review and inspection programs specifically created for code plan review and inspection support of construction taking place at either Houston Airports Systems location. The purpose of this position is to assist with the section with FAA regulation, procedures and Form 7460-Notice of proposed Construction or Alteration. The Construction Airspace Coordinator role effectively manages the submittal and tracking process of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Form 7460-1s – Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration – for the FAA review of any construction projects in the vicinity for all three airport locations Bush Intercontinental (IAH), Hobby Airport (HOU) and, Ellington Field (EFD) that might affect navigable airspace (49 CFR part 77) as well as any other work job related duties as assigned. “Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearance.”
Essential job duties and responsibilities for the (CONSTRUCTION AIRSPACE COORDINATOR) duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages submittal and tracking of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Form 7460-1s – Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration – for the FAA review of any construction projects in the vicinity of IAH, HOU, and EFD that might affect navigable airspace (49 CFR part 77).
- Review TIP applications to identify projects that might affect navigable airspace, and coordinate FAA Form 7460-1 submittals as necessary.
- Receives and reviews applications to ensure accuracy, completeness, and applicability.
- Monitors applications in the FAA review process, and keeps stakeholders informed of application status on a regular basis.
- Monitors expiration dates of approved 7460-1s and notifies stakeholders of need to resubmit to extend approvals with proper lead time ahead of expiration date.
- Corresponds and interfaces with airport tenants, airport management, A/E consultants and general contractors.
Compiles data produces information and interprets results through conclusion or recommendation formulation.
- Develops reports, special documents or publications as assigned.
- Handles highly confidential information.
- Prepares, edits and revises department policy and procedure manuals. Responds to correspondence, requests for information, etc. as assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in evaluation and design of workflow, processes, various operations systems, etc.
- Conducts on-site project inspections and investigations as needed.
- Responds to inquiries by departments, consultants, agencies and the general public.
- Attends meetings and conferences.
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e.., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. The ability to lift a minimum of (20lbs) or more. Requires the ability to make simple gross motor responses within large tolerances.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field directly related to the type of work being performed. Graduate degrees related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Five years of professional administrative, financial or analytical experience related to the type of work being performed are required. Professional experience related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Preference will be given to applicants with advanced degree and work experience in either discipline; Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering, Architecture, or Airfield Operations. Experience working within an operational airport environment and collaborating with Architectural, Engineering and Construction firms is highly desired. Experience in reviewing design plans and specifications for Construction Projects is preferred. Work history working with airlines real estate, design and construction staff preferred. Valid driver’s license a plus.
***Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6***
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRE
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview. Department may administer skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION – YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Pay Grade – 28
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 281-233-1043.
If you need special services or accommodations, call 281-233-1043. (TTY 7-1-1). If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume along with their completed application when applying. For further information pertaining to the Houston Airport System, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWLV_sJFoM.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com