Website City of Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs Airport
Description / Position Overview
Senior Airport Properties Specialist – Aviation
In this position, you will assist in the day-to-day operations for the aviation-related leases, contracts, development, and enforce compliance. In addition, you will work with the attorney’s office to prepare agreements, amendments, licenses, permits, etc., and act as a subject matter resource. You will take part in complex tasks that require considerable judgment, independent analysis, and decision-making.
Essential Job Functions – the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Supervise Properties Specialist I aviation staff and management intern
- Oversee the Minimum Standards program
- Prepare RFPs and key business terms of lease documents, permits, agreements, licenses, and contracts; adhere to leasing policy
- Keep abreast of aviation industry standards
- Assist the Property Manager with aviation development negotiations
- Monitor and track workloads, projects, tasks, etc. for direct staff
- Communicate and coordinate with attorneys, staff, other City departments, regarding compliance and lease development
- Work with Properties Manager to increase revenue opportunities
- Collect data and conduct comprehensive comparable value/revenue studies
- Research and develop policies; work within policies to assist in aviation development negotiations
- Attend trade shows and aviation-specific events
- Serve as backup for other Senior Properties Specialist – Non- Aviation position
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
- Knowledge of modern office technology and supporting software
- Knowledge of legal documentation utilized in real estate and real estate transactions
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations
- Ability to interpret and explain City and Airport real estate policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, or related field
- Five years of full-time professional experience in property operations, aviation program experience, or related
- Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid, non-probationary Colorado driver’s license not subject to restriction related to alcohol and/or drug violations or pending charges
One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Three years of experience working for a government agency
- Three years of experience working in aviation, property planning, or administration
The City of Colorado Springs offers additional compensation depending on the position, area of assignment, and specific job assignments, including shift differential, pay differential, acting or lead, special assignment, hazard pay, longevity, cell phone allowance, uniform allowance, relocation, awards, standby, call out, compensatory time off, tuition, overtime, extra duty, incentive, holiday premium, proficiency, and vacation sell back.
NOTE: This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
The City does not sponsor applicants for work visas. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
For more information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cosprings/jobs/3188387/senior-airport-properties-specialist-aviation?department=Airport&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
JOB POSTING WILL CLOSE ON: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.