Website cityofboise City of Boise
A city for everyone.
City of Boise/Boise Airport: Airport Operations Specialist II
Closing Date: 5/30/2023 12:00 PM Mountain Time
Are you searching for an exciting career filled with unique assignments and countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing community? The Boise Airport is the Gateway of the Treasure Valley and is hiring an Operations Specialist II to join our team. The airport comprises over 120 employees focused on a mission to provide aviation infrastructure that attracts the services desired by the community. To meet the demand of our growing community, the airport is undergoing a multi-million-dollar capital expansion plan to accommodate future activity.
- Maintains Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification and compliance
- Enforces Transportation Security Administration and Airport Security regulations
- Work is performed under general supervision
Boise is pretty awesome. Urban and outdoorsy. Wild and relaxing. Friendly and unforgettable. The City provides top-notch healthcare for you and your family at little to no cost. Plus, an actual pension plan, 401k matching, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. Imagine that.
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Airport Management, Aviation Science, Business, Public Administration, or closely related field, and
- 1 year of experience in airport operations or administration, including demonstrated experience conducting FAR 139 airfield inspections, or
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training
- 3 years of experience conducting FAA FAR 139 and TSA 1542 Compliance Inspections, or
- Experience as a pilot, crew member, flight dispatcher, or military experience
- American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) training/credentials including “Airport Certified Employee” (ACE), Basic or Advanced “Airport Safety and Operations Specialists” (ASOS) Certification.
- FEMA NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800 Certification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org