Website cityofboise City of Boise
A city for everyone.
Boise Airport: Airport Engineering Manager
Closing Date: 6/9/2023 12:00pm Mountain
The Boise Airport is comprised of 130 employees focused on a mission to provide services to meet the demand of our growing community. Our airport is undergoing a multi-million-dollar expansion to accommodate future transportation needs. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Engineering Manager to join our team as we navigate this exciting period of expansion at the Boise Airport.
- Directs and performs administrative and professional engineering work in major engineering activities at the Boise Airport
- Provides senior-level licensed professional engineering oversight, guides design teams, solves problems of the highest technical difficulty, performs design reviews to ensure compliance with standards, completes federal grant applications, and mediates competing interests in a timely manner in the best interest of all parties concerned
- Directs large, multi-year, multi-discipline engineering projects and activities of staff engaged in performing and/or administering system requirements, capacity, contractual agreements for feasibility studies, cost estimates, project designs, and site inspections
- Ensures compliance with airport and engineering design standards, approved plans, and specifications
- Prepares all capital and operating budget proposals
- Work requires considerable independent judgment and initiative
Boise is pretty awesome. Urban and outdoorsy. Wild and relaxing. Friendly and unforgettable. The City provides top-notch healthcare for you and your family at little to no cost. Plus, an actual pension plan, 401k matching, a wellness program, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more. Imagine that
Required Knowledge, Experience, And Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, planning, or related field, and
- 7 years of experience in the practice of complex project development and engineering project management specifically related to airfield construction, airport engineering, and grant management
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Idaho
- Experience managing technical professionals in a supervisory capacity
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, And Training:
- 10 years of experience with airport design and construction at an airport, performing similar facility management and administrative duties
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.