Website City of Austin
The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is seeking a qualified Airport Operations Supervisor to become a key member of the Airport Operations team. This position is responsible for providing day-to-day supervision and direction to a team of operational staff, who are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the traveling public, City of Austin employees, and neighboring communities of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, by recognizing and responding to violations of local, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Ensure compliance with Part 139 through coordination and monitoring of all Airside functions to ensure work is performed in a consistent manner with airport policies and procedures, regulations, and in accordance with airport standards.
Coordinate daily Airside activities with the Airport Duty Manager overseeing all shift activities. We strive in our vision to be the gateway to the world for all – the AUS way every day. Visit our website at https://www.austincityjobs.org/ (to apply) and https://www.austintexas.gov/airport for more information. We offer a competitive salary, a complete
benefits package, and free parking.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in Criminal Justice, Aviation Management, Airway Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field, plus three (3) years of security or airport operations work experience, one (1) year of which is in a leadership/supervisory capacity.
- One (1) year of directly related professional experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education up to four (4) years
Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Texas Class “C” Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances required to work at an airport.
- Experience working at a medium or large hub airport.
- Experience applying Part 139 working in Airside Operations.
- To apply for this opportunity, please visit the City of Austin website.
- For more information about ABIA visit our website at www.austintexas.gov/airport
- We offer a competitive salary, a complete benefits package, and free parking.
A detailed and complete employment application is required to help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position.
This position is scheduled to close on August 11, 2022. The Department reserves the right to close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
To apply for this job please visit www.austincityjobs.org.