Charlotte County Airport Authority (CCAA) is currently accepting applications for the position of General Manager at Punta Gorda Airport (PGD). CCAA is currently in the construction phase of an $18M project consisting of a new 13,000 square-foot general aviation terminal, a 650,000 square-foot ramp, a taxiway extension, plus the construction of a new bulk storage hangar and additional hangar improvements. This position will be an integral part of the success of the new General Aviation Center.
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of Airport Operations/Projects, the FBO General Manager is responsible for the safe and professional operation of the Airport Authority’s FBO facility while delivering first class customer service to all customers and guests. This position requires advance business management, technical, financial, and marketing experience required to manage and grow the airport’s general aviation business while also overseeing the commercial fueling operation. The position requires exceptional leadership, communication, and organizational skills to lead an experienced line crew and other FBO team members in the safe and professional delivery of products and services to business, commercial, government, and recreational aviation customers. This is a senior management position requiring strategic planning, strong organizational and leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct management, operational oversight and responsibility of the general aviation terminal and flight support operations at Punta Gorda Airport.
- Fosters and promotes a culture of safety, openness and creates a positive and collaborative team environment.
- Provides leadership and guidance in providing superior customer service.
- Oversees all aspects of flight support operations including line service, customer service, ordering, delivering, and selling of fuel. Oversees new business development, quality assurance, staff training, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of the airport’s fuel farm, self-serve islands, oil water separators, and fleet of Jet A and Avgas fuel trucks.
- Ensures all aircraft fueling operations comply with FAA requirements and airline standards.
- Interviews, hires, trains, and develops FBO employees to maximize their potential and disciplines employees when necessary.
- Develops the FBO’s budget, managing cost, service, and productivity.
- Assists in the development of marketing concepts, programs, and materials; represents the Airport Authority at trade shows and through professional organizations; is a strong advocate for General Aviation.
- Conducts periodic market analysis of pricing, products, and services.
- Interacts with customers and airport businesses on a regular basis to measure customer satisfaction and to identify opportunities to improve processes and services.
- Works with the Director of Airport Operations/Projects and FBO staff on the planning of long-term projects and goals.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, aviation, transportation, or related field. Seven years or more of progressive FBO management experience; or any equivalent combination of related training and experience may suffice. Private pilot license or higher preferred. Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license is required within thirty days.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Skilled at delivering effective presentations to top management and public groups if requested.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to train staff in the same.
- Knowledgeable in general, business, and commercial aviation operations, inclusive of fueling.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of MS Office Suite programs and database programs.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Requires 24-hour/7-day on-call status.
- Able to work, nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary.
- Capable of working in all weather conditions, including extreme heat.
- Able to lift 50 pounds, push, climb, and walk for the majority of the workday.
- Exposure to and handles hazardous materials.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug/Smoke Free workplace. Background checks, drug and fitness screenings are done prior to employment.
Starting Salary Range: $66,560 – $84,864 Annually
Great Benefits Package Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Cost-Free Employee Health Centers, Florida Retirement System Pension or Investment Plan, 457b Deferred Compensation/Investment Plan, Vacation, Sick Time, 11 Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Incentive Plan
To apply for this job please visit flypgd.isolvedhire.com.