Website Capital Region Airport Authority - Lansing, MI
Under general supervision, the Operations Manager oversees the airport operations, communications services (dispatch), and security credentialing/training functions for the Capital Region Airport Authority, owner/operator of Capital Region International Airport and Mason Jewett Field.
1. Manages the Operations Team by developing and coordinating work schedules, delegating work assignments, providing leadership and direction, and monitoring/assessing performance of staff.
2. Ensures airport is operated in accordance with applicable regulations, including FAR Part 139.
3. Oversees the Authority’s security ID badging program in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, directives, and the Airport Security Program (ASP).
4. Conducts audits and ensures accuracy, completeness, and accountability of security records, daily inspection reports, logs, and training records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and directives.
5. Ensures all required activities (i.e., inspections, training, etc.) are scheduled and completed. Maintains applicable records in accordance with Federal requirements.
6. Assists with annual reviews of the Airport Emergency Plan (AEP) and ASP. Assists with coordinating the tri-annual full-scale emergency exercise.
7. Oversees the security and airfield driver training programs for airport/tenant employees in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, the ASP and Airport Certification Manual (ACM).
8. Ensures tenant/employee compliance with Federal, State, local, and Airport Authority rules and regulations through monitoring of activity, conducting inspections, etc.
9. Oversees the maintenance of the ACM and associated plans and procedures; assists with maintaining the ASP and implementation of security measures and directives.
10. Serves as alternate Airport Security Coordinator; also serves as a Trusted Agent with respect to the ID badging program.
11. Serves as the system administrator for various operations-related systems including access control, closed-circuit television, interactive employee training, airfield inspection/records management, etc.
12. Develops and implements programs to ensure the provision of high-quality service to tenants, vendors, and business partners.
13. Develops and monitors the budget for the Operations Division.
14. Participates in and maintains all training required to perform the essential job functions listed on the Operations Officer job description.
15. Performs other assignments and duties as directed.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of the job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or modified at any time.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with specialization in Airport Management, Business Administration, public Administration, or a related discipline
Two (2) years’ experience as an airport operations officer or equivalent position.
Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration and Transportations Security Administration regulations required.
Ability to read and interpret regulations and complex documents.
Ability to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources and make decisions accordingly.
Ability to analyze complex issues and develop new solutions.
Ability to deliver high quality customer service.
Previous supervisory experience desired.
Five (5) years’ experience as an airport operations officer, or an equivalent role with a progressive increase in responsibilities.
Certified Member (C.M.) of the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE).
Must possess and maintain a valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prepare written reports and record information using computer systems.
Ability to effectively communicate with the Authority staff, tenants, and government agencies.
Ability to pass an FBI fingerprint-based criminal history record check and a TSA security threat assessment and maintain eligibility for an unrestricted security access badge in accordance with the ASP and applicable regulations/directives.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org