Number of positions available: 1
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: December 2, 2019 or when a suitable candidate is found
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working closely with and reporting to the General Counsel and VP, Risk & Compliance & Corporate Secretary, your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Deliver and manage regulatory compliance framework for the Authority, including KPIs and dashboards.
- Create and embed strong airport regulatory compliance brand that highlights key initiatives and practices to increase employee and airport engagement. As it relates to regulatory practices.
- Facilitate strong relationships between key partners including NAV Canada, Transport Canada with Operations, Infrastructure and Commercial Development teams within the Authority and participate in industry regulatory compliance groups on behalf of the Authority.
- Develop communication strategies to promote workplace regulatory compliance and understanding of airport regulations through education and awareness.
- Provide input to capital submission funding documents and project management for required projects in relation to achievement of regulatory requirements.
- Participate as subject matter expert in peer reviews (e.g. APEX), opportunity to lead peer review programs for regulatory compliance purposes.
- Lead annual audits of airfield against CARS, TP312 and other airfield standards and practices and Ensure deficiencies are addressed through the coordination of corrective actions,
- Identify regulatory changes that will have impact to Airport Certification standards
- Liaise with Transport Canada and participate regular with internal staff regarding requirements and updates within the Airport Operations Manual and airport certification
- Provide oversight to the monitoring of airfield activities, operational and project based, to ensure practices and procedures are in compliance with Airport Certification.
- Provide expertise to internal staff, other agencies and tenants on airfield regulatory requirements.
- Tracking relevant best practices and conducting benchmarking analysis on emerging trends and application strategies related to regulatory requirements
- Compliance reporting as required by legislation, including leadership of annual Ground Lease Compliance reporting to Transport Canada.
- Oversight of aerodrome assurance program, including of the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Aerodrome safety certification oversight, including acting as certificate holder of Airport Operations Manual to Transport Canada and other aerodrome regulatory requirements.
- Manage lease compliance program reported to Transport Canada
- Oversight of reporting and measurement related to regulatory compliance through best practices, reporting requirement by legislation, Transport Canada reporting, and KPI dashboards
- Reports quarterly and annually to the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Business Administration, Aviation Studies
- Extensive experience in aerodrome operations/facilities management.
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations and standards related to aerodrome operations and safety, including safety management systems.
- Experience in assurance program development and implementation.
- Proven track record in implementing compliance related programs within multifaceted organization
- Strong communication and influencing skills when working with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to professionally represent the Airport Authority on matters of regulatory compliance including participation on external regulatory committees such as with Transport Canada and Nav Canada,
- Experience reporting at executive and board level on compliance
- Ability to demonstrate a robust approach to problem solving to deliver effective, holistic and workable solutions
- Ability to deliver topical training, presentations, speeches with confidence, poise and clarity of thought to
- Authority, stakeholder industry and public audiences.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
VALUES IN ACTION
As the General Manager, Regulatory and Quality Assurance, you will act as an effective member of the Legal, Risk and Compliance team and bring our values to your work every day:
- Customer Focused: Consider the big picture and recognize that everyone, our airline partners, internal business unites and employees is a customer, including external stakeholders and regulatory bodies.
- Creativity: Provide regulatory oversight and quality assurance programs across the organization to enable operational excellence, regulatory compliance and deliver on our airport mandate.
- Collaborative: Work closely across the organization to facilitate understanding of regulatory requirements and implementation of shared solutions that address the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate: Bring enthusiasm and commitment to have the best Regulatory and Quality Assurance programs and processes for YYC that deliver on our mandate.
- Accountability: Seek and provide regulatory information that provides timely and accurate solutions to create win-wins for all YYC customers, internal or external.
Are you looking for the journey of a lifetime? One that’s focused on creating effortless and memorable experiences for millions of guests and travelers each year. Apply at www.yyc.careers for your chance to learn how you can be a part of one of Alberta’s Top Employers.
To apply for this job please visit www.yyc.careers.