Birmingham Airport Authority - Birmingham, AL
This position reports to the Vice President of Properties and Business Development and is responsible for responsible for the administration of leases and contracts to ensure compliance with terms and conditions expressed therein while maintaining strong business relationships. Responsible to verify, manage, and approve related items such as pricing, merchandise delivery, store criteria, Airport-provided services, customer service; conduct site inspections and report findings with a corrective action plan; show property and facilities to prospective tenants, and research relevant markets and financial trends to forecast future business activity and assist in developing recommendations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
- Works closely with tenants to ensure their continued success by reviewing short-and long-term plans including their financial performance.
- Manages leases and contracts to ensure complete compliance and verifies contract specifics such as pricing, merchandise delivery, store criteria, customer service and Airport-provided services, reports findings with a corrective action plan.
- Research relevant markets and financial trends to forecast future business activity and assists in developing recommendations for the CEO.
- Prepares presentations to further the goals of the department and support new initiatives.
- Prepares financial analysis of assigned concessions through monitoring of sales and revenue reports of concessions.
- Develops and manages solicitations such as Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ).
- Develops policies and procedures for the department.
- Manages the day-to-day relationship between the Authority and tenants; resolves management, tenant, and customer complaints and conflicts between tenants to ensure excellent tenant relations.
- Manages events for Airport tenants including training seminars, meetings and special events and assists with security clearance and badging.
- This position performs other responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION(S) & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Real Estate, or another relevant field.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible professional management experience involving multi-unit food & beverage or retail management; airport, advertising, or rental car concessions management; commercial property/shopping center management; or hotel/resort, sports arena, or theme park management.
- Provide exceptional leadership and strong written and oral communication skills along with experience in the areas of commercial or airport contract management, development, and management of solicitations such as RFPs and RFQs, strategic planning, concession compliance and conflict management, and manage day-to-day relationships between the Authority and its concession tenants.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The work environment is primarily office setting.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force to move or lift objects.
- The position does not require the use of protective clothing and equipment.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.