Website Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
The Toronto Port Authority, doing business as PortsToronto, operates the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, the Port of Toronto and the Outer Harbour Marina. We are proud to be partners in securing Toronto’s economic prosperity and enhancing its beautiful waterfront.
PortsToronto has the following opportunity available:
AIRPORT DUTY MANAGER
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
This position is responsible to monitor airport daily activities including irregular operations, emergency situations, security incidents, safety management system, weather, runway operating conditions, and noise program.
This role is the key contact for the ferry, fire, maintenance and Response and Compliance Officer teams on shift.
General activities and functions include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate, and supervise all actives of all airport staff involved in airport, ferry, fire hall, and groundside operations.
· Manage the staffing level to ensure sufficient airport staff is on duty to perform operations, including generating of the staffing schedule and authorize vacation and lieu time off.
· Assist the noise management office, as required, with investigation of noise complaints.
· Issue Notice to Airmen (NOTAMS) and notice to ships (NOTSHIP) when required. Monitor the daily transmission of NOTAMS as pertaining to the daily operation of the BBTCA.
· Monitor maintenance and/or construction projects and programs, and the general day to day maintenance of the physical plant, including potential hazard to airport employees and the public; arrange for urgent or emergency repairs or service by internal or external sources.
· Monitor the performance of airlines, tenants, concessionaires and others to ensure their adherence to BBTCA and other Federal policies and programs, etc.
· Monitor and supervise compliance with Canadian Aviation Regulations, Aerodrome Security Measures and tenant security responsibilities;
· Ensure adequacy of protective security measurers leading to the primary security line and the security perimeter fencing to prevent unauthorized entry to the airside or other restricted areas of the airport.
· Monitor weather reports to determine potential impact, host conference calls and prepare for irregular operations.
· Monitor and supervise Safety Management Systems, Tall Ship procedures and Wildlife Control procedures. During winter operations, monitor and report runway conditions and supervise snow removal operations both airside and groundside.
· Complete or inspect all reports, forms and logs pertaining to operations activities on assigned shifts, including Aircraft Movement and Surface Condition Reports, Canadian Runway Friction Index Reports, incident/accident, WSIB, daily shift reports, etc.
· Manage emergency situations and irregular operations, activate and supervise the Emergency Co-ordination Centre as required and adhere to proper emergency call-out procedures.
· Order fuel and other operating supplies as required.
· Respond to complaints from staff, air carriers, tenants, concessionaries and the general public.
· Respond to overnight calls regarding staff absences (‘on-call’)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Post-secondary education with a Certificate or Diploma Aviation Management, or accreditation by the International Association of Airport Executives (IAAE)
· Minimum five (5) years direct experience in airport operations, airline operations or other related fields of airport management
· Minimum two (2) years leadership experience directly managing people, in a matrix organization with multiple operations preferred
· Outstanding customer service orientation, with the ability to diffuse tense situations
· Superior interpersonal skills, able to interact with all levels in a professional, positive manner, able to building trusting relationships and be a team player
· Solid leadership ability managing, coaching and developing direct reports, experience in a unionized environment an asset
· Excellent, effective communication skills, both oral and in written format, creating and delivering business presentations
· Able to influence, collaborate and negotiate cross functionally, as well as with external stakeholders to achieve results.
· Strong decision-making skills and effective at problem solving and negotiating resolutions
· Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office products
· Excellent time and project management, organized, possessing a solid ability to plan and follow up
· Able to multi-task, manage and meet deadlines and adapt easily to change
· Valid Class ‘G’ and DZ driver’s license is required
· French language fluency is an asset
· Able to work shift work including days and afternoons on a 6 on, 3 off rotation, which includes weekends and holidays
· Must be able to obtain and retain Transport Canada Security Clearance
· Criminal record check will be conducted on hire
· Annual Driver’s License validity check
· Active response to work emails after hours or when off-shift may be required
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to e-mail a resume along with a covering letter outlining how your experience supports our position requirements to: email@example.com
In the Subject Line, please quote: Airport Duty Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
PortsToronto is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about PortsToronto and the exciting work we are doing
to be a city-builder and transform Toronto’s waterfront, please go to www.portstoronto.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org