Avports LLC is a Delaware limited liability company with its principal place of business at 45025 Aviation Drive, Suite 100, Dulles, VA 20166-7524. Avports is the most experienced American-owned and based airport manager and operator in the sector, with more than 650 employees and a 94-year track record. Founded in 1927 as the infrastructure division of Pan American World Airways, Avports has operated more than 30 airports, aviation facilities and passenger terminals in the United States, including over 50 years providing airport management services in New York State. Avports currently provides O&M services at Albany International Airport, New York Stewart International Airport, Republic Airport, and Westchester County Airport in New York; Teterboro Airport in New Jersey; Tweed New Haven Airport in Connecticut; Gary Chicago International Airport in Indiana; and Moffett Federal Airfield in California. Since 1927, Avports has upheld a culture of excellence by providing customers with best-in-class management skills, operational reliability, and innovation. Avports’ formula for success is duplicated within every client environment it serves—effectively becoming an extension of each client.
Avports diverse clientele base includes airport owners and authorities, cities/municipalities, airlines, private holding and leasing companies, and other airport operators. Their depth and breadth of experience operating and managing commercial airport facilities are second to none.
The company is owned by *West Street Infrastructure Partners III (together with its related funds and affiliates, “WSIP III”), a family of infrastructure investment funds managed by the merchant banking business of Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC. Under common ownership, Avports is affiliated to Aviation Facilities Company (AFCO), a developer of aviation facilities at US airports.
Avports is an airport manager and operator with management contracts at US airports. Our business is expanding, and we need a skilled Business Developer, with financial investment experience, to aide in the company’s growth. The VP’s role will be to acquire new contracts, establish and build client relationships as well as strengthen the existing relationships, and further public-private partnership (P3) airport investments. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing revenue generating opportunities, including promoting, marketing, and selling services and products to US airports, airlines, and other industry users, and understand equity investment cycles. Travel throughout the United States and occasionally abroad is required for this position. Position will report to the CEO and as needed, to other senior executives of the company.
The Vice President’s essential duties will include the following activities:
• Identify opportunities to acquire new contracts and client relationships in the airport O&M, services and public-private partnership (P3) investments market
• Develop relationships with prospective and existing airport and airline clients
• Partner with our executive and proposal teams to create contract-winning unsolicited as well as public procurement oriented proposals for current and prospective airport and airline clients
• Negotiate contract terms with clients and partners and communicate terms to stakeholders
• Become a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry news, trends and competitors
• Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales and growth targets
• Develop revenue opportunities with existing clients and as needed, form partnerships to realize such opportunities
• Create, align and regularly communicate sales and growth goals and ensure C-level executives are informed and aligned on the progress of those goals
• Responsible for tracking all business development prospects and contact information data in existing company tracking system
• Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
• Assist in the entire pre-proposal and proposal cycle, including pre-proposal development stages such as business development pitches and marketing materials, requests for information, statements of qualifications through proposals
o Ensure the solution coincides with win themes and client needs
o Ensure compliance with client proposal requirements
o Work with proposal coordinator or team to develop corporate marketing materials and sales pitches and proposals, and ensure all relevant internal and external parties input into proposals
o Coordinate the due diligence (commercial and technical) required as part of proposals/bids, including creating or supervising the creation of business plans reflected in pro-forma and operating models
o Create, manage and/or supervise pro-forma and financial models for a proposal
o Proofread documents for content and compliance
o Manage document approval process through quality, technical, brand review before submission
• Establish effective and well-organized P3 investment processes.
• Lead the P3 investment strategy within the company.
• Create and sustain positive relationships with internal and external contacts to ensure a consistently high level of quality
• Manage and coordinate conference and event sponsorships and attendance with the support of the team
• When needed, support the executive, investment and/or project teams on developing airport P3 project bids and proposals
• Collaborate with and refer relevant opportunities to Aviation Facilities Company (AFCO) Business Development team, Avports’ aviation facilities investment and development affiliate company
• Other duties as assigned
PROFESIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the selected individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of ten years of professional experience, with five years promoting, marketing and selling services and products to US airports, airlines and other industry users in a similar roll
• Proficient in creating pro-forma and building financial models
• Demonstrated ability to sell and a track record of achievement in selling services and/or products to US airports and/or airlines
• Proven ability to drive the sales and/or bid proposal process from start to finish
• Ability to build new relationships with owners and management at US airports is essential; having existing relationships is a plus
• Comfortable cold-calling US and international airports, airlines and other industry users to promote, market and sell our services
• Ability to build relationships and network with airport owners and airlines at national and regional industry conference and events (e.g., ACI and A.A.A.E. national and regional conferences, GAD Americas, Airport P3 Summit)
• Excellent verbal and written communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Proficient using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel), Adobe PDF and sales/client relationship systems
• Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services and products
• Knowledge of how to develop client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
• Understanding of how to position products and services against competitors
• Superior work ethic and be able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done to win
• Able to work in deadline-driven environments and work with teams to complete projects
• Willingness to travel within the US and occasionally abroad to meet with existing and prospective clients and attend industry events
– Competitive compensation package.
– Avports’ policies focus on eliminating all discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, indigenous identity, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
– Avports’ commitment to gender equality and non-discrimination focuses on issues related to equal opportunities and treatment for all women and men in the employees’ recruitment, selection, promotion, compensation, and development processes.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
– Four-year degree in Airport, Aviation, Aerospace, or Business Administration, Public Relations or related field is desired.
– Demonstrated extensive aviation experience required.
– Must possess a valid Drivers’ License as a condition of employment.
– Must be eligible to obtain all Airport staff access and security clearances from the Authorities.
– Pilot certification will be considered a plus.
– IAP or AAE designation will be considered a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle to feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell. The employee will occasionally be required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
– Attention to detail and focus on quality
– Highest levels of integrity
– Ability to inspire, lead and motivate people, including him/herself and others
– Ability to gain and maintain trust among customers, staff and stakeholders
– Ability to negotiate and gain consensus
– Ability to manage and resolve conflict in a productive way
– Calm, tactful, respectful, and diplomatic character
– Ability to work under situations of stress and with limited resources
– Excellent teamwork capabilities
– Ability to lead and facilitate Committees and Working Groups
– High degree of emotional intelligence and empathy
– Up to three positive references from previous employers and/or supervisors will be required.
– Are you ready to apply for this exciting opportunity and join our diverse and passionate team? Please send your updated CV and a cover letter to our VP HR, Ms. Kimberly Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com