Website Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Austin, TX (AUS)
Airport Deputy Chief Officer – Talent
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport is proud to offer an exciting and unique opportunity for a team member who is motivated to shape the future of AUS. The AUS team is passionate about what our airport has to offer to the Central Texas region and is seeking a professional who will share this passion. A great work environment makes this an ideal opportunity for a highly-motivated and results-oriented individual who would like to join AUS in working hard toward our strategic vision.
Austin City Council adopted six Strategic Outcomes and Indicators in 2018 as part of its Strategic Direction 2023 to improve quality of life and civic participation in the Austin community over the next three to five years. The Airport Deputy Chief – Talent reports to the AUS Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Airport Deputy Chief – Talent will be responsible for supporting department programs and initiatives as it relates to the Strategic Outcomes. For more information, visit Austin Strategic Direction 2023.
The role of this position is to provide strategic leadership for Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development and Performance Management. The Airport Deputy Chief – Talent is responsible for managing Municipal Civil Service activities, human capital planning, performance measurement processes and talent management for the Airport.
This position will drive organizational effectiveness by providing leadership in the development and implementation of policies, plans, and employee programs to ensure the most effective utilization of the Airport’s human capital to support business objectives. Programs will be aimed at attracting, retaining, motivating and rewarding, and protecting employees. Further responsibilities include maintaining ongoing communication with Airport tenants, union leadership and other external groups. Will serve as an agent of cultural change management who initiates workforce solutions that reflect the Airport’s mission and vision. The ideal candidate will possess a strategic mindset and be able to build effective teams while planning and aligning teams appropriately. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the ability to develop talent, cultivate innovation within the department and throughout the airport while driving engagement and ensuring accountability.
For a complete job description, click here.
AUS is a dynamic organization and the successful candidate must be willing to lead through a changing environment successfully. The candidate selected will be an individual who can support and lead the AUS strategic vision, mission, and outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate:
AUS is seeking a strategic and visionary leader experienced in diverse and complex large scale projects. The ideal candidate should possess strong Organizational Effectiveness and excellent interpersonal skills with a solid ability to establish relationships with Airport business partners, stakeholders and City Departments. Advanced written and verbal communication skills are imperative for this position. The ideal candidate will develop and foster a diverse, inclusive and equitable workforce to their fullest potential, successfully manage organizational change management, effectively manage conflicts and continuously make improvements.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of federal, state, and local human resources laws and regulations. This candidate will be skilled in the principles and strategies of talent acquisition, employee development, performance management, succession planning, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. Expertise in HR technology is also preferred for this position.
- Exceptional Leadership – A cohesive leader with the ability to build quality interpersonal relationships with stakeholders, business partners and City departments.
- Communicates Effectively with an Equity Mindset – Ability to manage diversity, understand inclusion, and work with diverse communities and populations to build constructive and effective relationships and convey and receive information.
- Business Acumen – Has a firm understanding of how an airport system operates as a business to achieve goals and objectives.
- Thinks Analytically and Strategically – Enables others to better understand and implement the vision and strategy, while being the aligned forward thinker, has the ability to formulate and communicate sound business strategy, and implement in a clear and concise manner.
- Agility – Ability to effectively manage changes and guide those changes through significant challenges while achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Customer Focus – Ability to attend to the needs and expectations of airport stakeholders, business partners and customers.
- Human Resources Funding – Has experience in presenting complex financial information strategies to internal and external stakeholders on HR related projects and programs
- Equity Lens – Ability to use an equity lens and framework to create inclusive, diverse, and safe workspaces and programs.
- Business Ethics – Demonstrated high level of successful and ethical performance in establishing and maintaining business portfolio.
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Public Administration, Business or Aviation Management, Accounting/Finance, Engineering, or a related field, plus six (6) years of related experience, including two (2) years of which were in a supervisory or managerial capacity. Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
- 10 years of experience driving organizational effectiveness.
- Experience in implementation and oversight of human capital management platforms.
- Experience in a 24/7 operation and in an industry dealing with a skilled-craft workforce.
- Experience working with employment-related laws and regulations.
- Management experience in a civil service or municipal environment.
- Experience as an HR/Talent Acquisition Executive or similar leadership role.
Salary and Compensation
The salary for this position is between $170,000 and $179,753 based on experience. The benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, compensated leave, short-term disability, and retirement benefits. The City is a member of the Proportionate Retirement Program. Optional benefits include supplemental life insurance, a 457 deferred compensation plan, long-term disability plan, and a legal plan. Visit austintexas.gov/department/active-employee-benefits to learn more about the City’s employee benefits. Reasonable relocation benefits will be provided to the successful candidate.
Application & Selection Procedure
To ensure consideration, candidates should apply by October 29, 2021. To apply, candidates must apply, a comprehensive resume, and cover letter online via the City of Austin jobs website at APPLICATION LINK. Interested candidates should apply early in the process for optimum consideration.
For more information on this position, candidates may contact Doron Silberstein, HR Consultant – Employment Services. Doron.Silberstein@AustinTexas.gov , 512-974-3248
To apply for this job please visit www.austincityjobs.org.