At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how Vice President, Communications will help:
• Develop and drive strategic direction and storytelling as the leader of internal and external communications function;
• Coordinate with Vice President of Marketing to develop integrated marketing and communications plans and ensure all channels are consistent with brand messaging and;
• In collaboration and coordination with VP of Marketing and Executive Editor of Blue Sky News & Media Relations, oversee the development of proactive public relations plans, including company announcements, press releases, brand messaging, social media, event communication, thought leadership opportunities, and award submissions;
• Develop, own and execute employee communication plans, including identifying innovative opportunities to expand internal communications presence driving awareness and impact;
• Manage executive communications, strategic, proactive and reactive speaker’s bureau and oversee the development of speeches and script writing;
• Direct and grow social media presence ensuring high visibility of brand;
• Support Blue Sky News writing and serve as back-up for crisis management communications, and high-profile media interviews as needed;
• Implement a system for measuring return on investment from communications and PR activities and use metrics and data, including insights from existing customer research, to guide performance improvement efforts as necessary;
• Partner with leadership to achieve the organization’s vision and mission while serving as a key liaison for timely, best-in-class communications strategy & programming;
• Director and mentor Communications team providing support and development through performance management, coaching, training, and motivation;
• Develop and manage the departmental budget;
• Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we
accomplish. The successful candidate in the Vice President, Communications role will exhibit the following key competencies:
• Communication – Articulates long-term vision in a compelling way that inspires the team; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
• Strategic Thinking – Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understands competitive landscape
• Team Leadership – Able to assess and deploy talent against project objectives; Focused on developing team talent; Leads through delegation and providing opportunity for team to excel; Takes decisive action with urgency
• Customer Centricity – Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interest of all or most stakeholders
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Vice President, Communications role are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Business Administration from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree Preferred.
• Minimum ten years related experience in internal & external communications, 5 years at the managerial level.
• Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
All interested candidates should apply through the company website at www.flypittsburgh.com/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to TeClark@Flypittsburgh.com