At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
Under the broad supervision of the Chief Communications Officer, the Vice President, Communications – TMP, is a strategist and storyteller responsible for developing and executing strategic communications that focus on communications to Passengers, Airlines, Air Service provider, Consumers and Communities. Working directly with Paul Hoback, ACAA Chief Development Officer, this communication leader will create and execute internal and external communications, provide executive counsel and thought leadership, and will drive comprehensive communications strategies to engage internal and external stakeholders in changes connected to ACAA’s Terminal Modernization Project (TMP). This communication leader also will partner with ACAA’s Communications Centers of Excellence, and other function and business unit leaders to execute agreed-upon communication strategies, plans and tactics.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how Vice President, Communications – TMP will help:
- Develop and drive strategic direction and storytelling as the leader of communications for the defined function. Particular focus will be placed on effectively communicating changes to operations, policies, employee resources as the TMP progresses. In doing so, this leader also will connect TMP to the airport’s position as an economic growth driver for the region.
- In collaboration with leader of Public Affairs and Executive Editor of Blue Sky News & Media Relations, support the function with development of content for internal audiences as well as external audiences, as appropriate.
- Develop, execute and measure impact of change communication strategies that lead to effective change management for the TMP initiative.
- Partner with the leader of Executive and Employee Communications, developing and owning internal communication plans for the defined business unit, driving awareness, understanding, belief, and behaviors that align with ACAA’s priorities;
- Direct and grow social media presence ensuring expanded reach and impact of content on target audiences about TMP.
- Serve on the department’s crisis communications management team, and — working with the Public Affairs Center of Excellence, support high-profile media activities for the defined function and business units as needed;
- Implement a system for measuring return on investment from communications and use metrics and data, including insights from existing research, to guide performance improvement efforts;
- Partner with executive leadership of define function and business units to promote the organization’s vision, mission and values.
- Partner with department Centers of Excellence and other function/business unit communication leaders to collaborate, coordinate and innovate in delivering strategic, results-focused communication solutions;
- Develop and manage the budget for the defined function and business units;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Vice President, Communications – TMP role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Articulates communication priorities in a compelling, strategic way that inspires the team and engages targets; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understand competitive landscape; Proactively identifies issues and opportunities requiring communication strategy.
- Team Leadership – Able to assess, organize, anticipate, plan and deploy resources against project objectives; Takes decisive action with sense of urgency
- Customer Centricity – Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interests of all relevant stakeholders
The successful candidate for VP, Communications – TMP will exhibit the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and provides expert communications support aligned to overall TMP/Capital Improvements.
- Strong writing and editing skills with outstanding attention to detail; Create, review and finalize clear, concise, compelling and consistent content/messaging that effectively influences targets, using appropriate medium.
- Proficiency in assessing needs, developing long-term plans and strategies, and excellent project management skills;
- Strong executive counseling and partnership skills on communication strategy and solutions
- Audience assessment; conducts research on issues and stakeholder sets, and provides strategic counsel on the right message, messenger and forum for delivery. Ensures alignment on key issues across internal leader/stakeholders, working with Senior Executive partners.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment, using collaboration, coordination and alignment as critical enabling skill sets.
- Research, interpersonal, organizational, reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to provide strategic direction and advice for internal/external communications;
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
- Strong communication measurement, analytics and reporting capabilities.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Vice President, Communications – TMP role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or Business Administration from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Ten years related experience in internal & external communications, 5 years at the managerial level.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.