At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
Under the broad supervision of the Senior Vice President, Public Safety, Operations and Maintenance, the incumbent is responsible for safe, secure and efficient airport operations at Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports. As a key collaborator with internal partners and federal agencies, delivers an optimal experience at our airports to our employees, customers, airlines and partners.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how Vice President, Airport Operations will help:
- Direct and lead airport operations team to ensure compliance with applicable federal aviation and security regulations and Cert Alerts, inclusive of the airport’s Airport Certification Manual (ACM) and Airport Security Program (ASP).
- Develop short- and long-term plans including goals for the integration of airport operation teams and systems to create efficiencies and eliminate redundancies.
- Implement and incorporate revisions to the operations and security programs for Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports that optimize safety, security, customer experience and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain strategic safety and security programs which are based on positive partnerships with the Allegheny County Police Inspector and his/her police officers; provide management of the unarmed, civilian security guard contract; and a solid communication system.
- Manage contract services that support the overall airport operation, field maintenance activities, and airport security procedures.
- Review all design and construction plans related to the Terminal Modernization Program to ensure security and operations procedures are consistent with the ACM, ASP, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and that industry best practices or cutting-edge pilot programs are considered and implemented.
- Lead airport community “grassroots” or outreach programs to reinforce compliance with airport rules and regulations among all airport employees.
- Oversee airport’s irregular operations execution with regard to planning, execution, and resumption of operations.
- Manage, evaluate, coach, mentor, and develop direct reports and team functions.
- Provide continuous, timely performance feedback to direct reports through routine interaction.
- Manage the preparation, presentation and monthly expenses for department operating budgets and, where applicable, capital projects.
- Continue a network of airport operations and security professionals throughout the industry who operate at ACAA’s caliber of standards and performance; and
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate in the Vice President, Airport Operations role will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the policies, practices and techniques of general management and administration.
- Extensive knowledge of airport operations, terminology, facilities, safety & security procedures, snow removal procedures, National Incident Management System procedures, Federal, State and Local aviation rules and regulations pertaining to airport ground operations.
- Knowledge of the capability and operating problems of aircraft in general use.
- Knowledge of the principles, and experience in the practices and techniques of senior organizational leadership and management, in developing staff and in direct supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to airport operations and airport security.
- Familiar with federal, state and local laws and regulations applicable to aviation business development.
- Proficient in delivering presentations to a range of audiences, inclusive of internal and external parties; and
- Travel up to 5% annually.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Vice President, Airport Operations role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Articulates long-term vision in a compelling way that inspires the team; Actively engages in discussions with peers; Able to confront peers to challenge thinking respectfully
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes financial, brand and employee impact of major project decisions prior to implementation; Able to identify industry trends and understands competitive landscape
- Team Leadership – Able to assess and deploy talent against project objectives; Focused on developing team talent; Leads through delegation and providing opportunity for team to excel; Takes decisive action with urgency
- Customer Centricity – Understands cross-functional roles to produce a positive customer experience; Makes decisions based on the best interest of all or most stakeholders
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Vice President, Airport Operations role are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in aviation management, public administration, facilities /logistics management or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years related experience, 5 years managerial experience.
- Complete and maintain Airport Security Coordinator requirements throughout duration of this position.
- Must be able to respond to airport emergencies 24 hours per day, seven days per week, unless prior coordinated with the SVP, Public Safety, Operations and Maintenance.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.