At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Financial Accounting, handles various accounting tasks and financial processes. The incumbent will perform reconciliations, research, analysis, general reporting, and ad hoc tasks to provide recommendations on financial discrepancy resolution, improve workflow efficiencies, and standard internal and external audits.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Staff Accountant will help:
- Perform day-to-day accounting and financial activities to support internal financial controls, policies and procedures to ensure efficient processing times and accuracy
- Prepare drawdowns from various governmental agencies and review costs for validity and eligibility according to the federal and state contractual terms.
- Set up capital projects and move costs in the financial system on an as needed basis.
- Create new fixed assets as needed. Maintain capitalization and depreciation schedules.
- Perform various monthly general ledger balance reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly general ledger closing procedures.
- Prepare and complete various journal entries as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial reporting to management
- Assist with annual audit procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Staff Accountant role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
The successful candidate in the Staff Accountant role will exhibit the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of accounting/finance
- Ability to maintain adequate filing system.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Staff Accountant role are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance or accounting.
- Three years of accounting experience, preferred.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.