At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
Under the direct supervision of the Airport Access/ID Office Administrator, directly interacts with PIT stakeholders and customers to process various security-related background checks including fingerprinting and issuance of employee identification media. The incumbent will also ensure compliance with all federal and airport security regulations as it relates to biographical information processing and recordkeeping, and issuance of airport-wide identification media.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Security Assistant will help:
- Assist with daily Airport ID Badge Office activities in compliance with Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulations and ACAA policies & guidelines.
- Administer training, testing, fingerprinting, and/or badging for airline, tenant, ACAA, or other employees who require access to secured areas, driving on the Air Operations Area (AOA), or others.
- Ensure protection of personal information presented during the badging application process from unauthorized use.
- Furnish any locks, keys, or cores, and coordinate repairs with commercial locksmiths and carpenters.
- Ensure compliance with TSA mandated requirements for processing airport ID media applications through verification of identity and employment authorization documents.
- Perform extensive data entry in security systems, billing, and computer programs.
- Maintain digital records of applications, renewal forms, key or door requests, fee collections, security liaisons, and all training records.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic ‘security non-compliance’ inspections of Authority tenants and test employees on their adherence to SIDA rules and regulations.
- Conduct mandated audits of issued badges and/or AOA access keys with tenants, airlines, and contractors.
- Create, administer, and maintain record of vehicle, escort, and sterile area passes.
- Maintain inventory of ID Badge Office materials/supplies.
- Assess, bill, and collect fees for fingerprinting, late/lost ID’s, vehicle passes, damaged proximity cards, etc.
- Assist with access control processes and procedures such as door assignments, surveillance, badge status, etc.
- Provide assistance and/or training to airport security liaison’s, as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Security Assistant will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Security Assistant role are:
- Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Aviation Management, or a related field.
- One year of related experience.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: License must be maintained throughout employment
All interested candidates should apply through the company website at www.flypittsburgh.com/careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.