At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
Under general supervision, this position will provide a comprehensive range of administrative duties to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations for the Chief Human Capital Officer. The incumbent in this role will provide complex and advanced administrative support. This position is responsible for ensuring the Executive Office has full coverage for support, communications, scheduling, and travel and acts as the back-up for all Officers direct reports.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Executive Office Administrator role will help:
- Oversight of the Executive Office to ensure all Officers have support and Office coverage with regular meetings with EO Assistants to ensure support is in place.
- Act as the first point of contact for the CHCO, directing communications to the CHCO and/or others, as appropriate.
- Proactively manage the schedule (including travel) and work plans of the CHCO, ensuring the CHCO is kept abreast of issues, changes, needs and input from others regarding the CHCO schedule and projects.
- Responsible for developing effective systems for managing the administrative needs of the CHCO.
- Manages high volume of demands on the leaders’ time by prioritizing requests while demonstrating significant independent judgment in identifying and resolving potential conflicts.
- Maintain organized filing and database systems.
- Support scheduling for Officers with review of the Corporate Calendar.
- Support travel arrangements for all Officers
- Coordinate and obtain approval for all travel for leaders/employees within ACAA (outside of the Executive Office); when approved ensure CONCUR travel arrangements and expense arrangements are properly conducted.
- Coordinate events for Officers and Executive Office lunches or dinners.
- Act as the coordinator and contact point for all other ACAA Admin Team communications to the Executive Office.
- Provide SOP support and guidance to the ACAA Admin Team.
- Back-up support to all Officers direct reports.
- Maintain adequate supply of necessities for the Executive Office.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate in the Executive Office Administrator role will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and a sense of urgency.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively on behalf of the Officer.
- Individual must be extremely flexible, adaptable, patient when needed, and capable of establishing priorities and timelines.
- A self-starter who can be depended upon to ensure the accuracy and quality of content with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management both internal and external to ACAA.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Executive Office Administrator role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results;
- Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of team-work and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with the customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Executive Office Administrator role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (or similar) from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of relevant experience in a fast-paced, high profile industry.
- Proven ability to support an executive office, including phone skills, schedules, complex travel arrangements, and all related administrative tasks.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Experience working successfully and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.