Website Allegheny County Airport Authority
At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader.
Here is how the Project Manager will help:
- Independently advances and monitors progress on all strategic initiatives and identifies, assigns, and tracks specific assignments.
- Conducts research and prepares reports, presentations, and other documents proactively; and anticipates needs.
- Develop and manage comprehensive project plans, schedules, and documentation.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Department Leader; Review, revise, and draft correspondences for a wide array of audiences.
- Assist in defining project scope, objectives, and resources needed, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Track, monitor and measure project progress and performance to ensure completion of goals and objectives.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation so that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope; and if applicable within budget.
- Develop and present project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about performance, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage contracts with project vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document as needed
- Prepare a variety of reports, forms, executive summaries, and project details for assigned projects.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
The successful candidate for the Project Manager role will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Extensive organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Considerable skills in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Considerable ability to prioritize and use sound time management and communicate deadline requirements effectively to others.
- Working knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Ability to procure and manage consultants/contractors.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally 5% to 10%.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate for the Project Manager will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of teamwork and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Project Manager role are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business, management or a related field.
- Five-Seven years related work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Certified Customer Service Professional (CCSP) preferred.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
To apply for this job email your details to TeClark@Flypittsburgh.com