Allegheny County Airport Authority
Under limited supervision of the Director, Engineering, responsible for the management of electrical engineering projects, from design phase through construction completion, and final closeout at the Pittsburgh International and Allegheny County Airports. The incumbent also reviews designs, plans, and specifications for compliance with National Electric Code, FAA requirements and Allegheny County Airport Authority specifications.
· Provide technical expertise and project management in the development, implementation and monitoring of professional engineering projects;
· Develop scope, budget and schedule, review proposals, negotiate agreements, and assist in recommendation of qualified and responsive firms to perform the design and construction management on engineering projects;
· Maintain overall control of capital improvement projects throughout project duration, including project management, evaluation and approval of award documents, change orders, estimates, time extensions, and payments;
· Review electrical design, plans, specifications and other contract documents prepared by consulting architects and engineers for feasibility and adherence to ACAA standards;
· Make periodic inspections of project sites to review work in progress for conformance to plans and specifications;
· Provide electrical technical support for maintenance departments;
· Work closely with construction manager to evaluate construction projects;
· Monitor environmental systems and controls to assure compliance with regulations and guidelines established by various regulatory agencies;
· Monitor and evaluate ongoing facilities, systems and procedures to assure efficiency and make recommendations when revisions are deemed necessary;
· Review, inspect and recommend improvements for electrical related systems such as building, roadway and airfield lighting, and power supply and distribution, etc.
· Review/approve applications from tenants for electrical modifications or additions;
· Prepare a variety of reports, forms, executive summaries, and project details for assigned or special projects;
· Coordinate projects with outside agencies and communities, tenants and other Authority departments;
· Performs other related tasks as assigned or required;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering methods, practices, and procedures
Extensive knowledge of the design, construction, installation and operation of electrical systems and equipment
Considerable knowledge of existing laws, ordinances and codes applicable to electrical engineering and construction projects
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project
· Extensive organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines effectively in a fast-paced environment;
Ability to originate, prepare and review designs and specifications for complex electrical engineering projects
Ability to write professional and technical engineering reports
Ability to apply engineering theory and practice to practical field and office engineering problems
Ability to procure and manage consultants/contractors
Ability to travel 5% to 10%
· Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
· Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
· Team Builder – Recognizes the value of team work and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
· Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships.
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in electrical engineering or a related field
Five-Seven years related work experience
Engineer in Training (EIT) required
Prefer registration as a professional engineer (PE) in the state of Pennsylvania
· Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
None / Receives limited supervision from Director, Engineering
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate or quiet noise level in the office work environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, outdoor weather conditions, fuels, chemicals, heavy equipment, and very loud noise level when working in outside locations. May work near moving mechanical parts, aircraft, and vehicles. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours or be recalled to duty up to 24 hours per day, seven days a week during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) physical examination performed by the Authority’s examining physician.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a post-offer (initial employment or promotion) drug screening. Continued employment may be subject to drug and alcohol testing conducted without advance notice and without individualized suspicion.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check (including but not limited to the requirements of TSR 1542.209), verification of prior employment and performance, reference and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
To apply for this job please visit www.flypittsburgh.com.