At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Talent Acquisition Specialist role will help:
- Responsible for the full life cycle of recruiting; job posting, resume review, interview coordination and facilitation, and phone screens.
- Arrange pre-employment assessments, background & references screenings.
- Lead diversity outreach initiatives to support the ACAA mission, vision, goals, and strategic priorities.
- Conduct outreach activities for engagement and relationship building to develop an ongoing and diverse candidate pipeline.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with college, university and community college Career Services as a source to generate diverse qualified applicants.
- Schedule and attend job/career fairs with applicable departmental staff.
- Give presentations at colleges/training centers, and business partners, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Work with hiring managers and HR Generalists to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly defined.
- Partner with applicable department Administrative Coordinators to schedule interviews for hiring managers.
- Manage relationships with key resources and community organizations to enhance ACAA brand awareness.
- Ensure compliance with employment law, EEO, and ACAA policies.
- In coordination with HR Analyst, research, analyze, prepare and present hiring statistics.
- Create offer letters, assist with applicant tracking system, recruiting reports and other staffing administration functions as needed.
- Extend contingent verbal job offers and prepare and send written job offers.
- Follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Leverage, analyze, and develop recruiting reports to share with the Human Resources team and internal customers.
- Coordinate with leadership, hiring managers and human resources team on creating and revising job descriptions, requisition creation, and sourcing strategies.
- Complete and maintain weekly report on employment and recruitment activities.
- Conduct pre-interview meeting/training with managers/panel, to ensure a smooth, fair process is followed.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Position may require work responsibilities outside of normal business hours.
- Travel required 25%.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Talent Acquisition Specialist role will exhibit the following key competencies:
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; Communicates effectively using two-way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture”; Forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; Commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of team-work and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results
- Customer Centricity – Aware of customer needs and the prioritization of our customers both internal and external; Makes decisions with the customer in mind; Builds strong customer relationships.
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Talent Acquisition Specialist role are:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, or education from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years related experience in training, teaching, or related Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of various recruiting techniques, to include diverse candidate sourcing and experience in online/social media recruiting.
- Proven ability to communicate and effectively “sell” ACAA’s brand.
- Excellent oral/written communication, marketing, presentation, interviewing and interpersonal skills.
- Certification obtained from accredited HR organization, preferred.
- Possess or obtain prior to employment a valid Pennsylvania Class C driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
All interested candidates should apply through the company website at www.flypittsburgh.com/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to TeClark@Flypittsburgh.com