At the Allegheny County Airport Authority, it is our vision to reflect and serve the community, inspire the industry, and advance the region’s role as a world leader. We look for talented people who are uniquely qualified to serve our mission of becoming a global aviation leader, driving innovation, regional growth and prosperity.
At the ACAA we all have a role in the ambitious transformation of becoming a smarter airport that will enhance the passenger experience and deliver on our mission of being a global aviation leader. Here is how the Fire Chief will help:
- Direct fire department response to all emergency incidents including aircraft alerts and incidents at PIT and AGC, coordinating aircraft rescue firefighting activities at the scene of an aircraft incident
- Direct the planning and execution of 14 CFR Part 139 including exercises and events
- Ensure application of current NFPA code and ARFF regulations as necessary to maintain the airports’ 14 CFR Part 139 certificates.
- Develop and implement standard operational procedures and departmental guidelines to provide optimal operation in support or organizational goals and objectives
- Compile and review all MSDS sheets and SARA TITLE III activities including emergency responses based on the Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization act of 1986
- Ensure all applicable facility and equipment inspections are conducted and risks mitigated to ensure a safe working and operational environment
- Review and approve plans for airport jurisdictional building/facilities, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local fire, rescue, and life safety standards
- Prepare routine correspondence for internal and external distribution pertaining to decisions, problems, requests and others associated with the ARFF functional area
- Review daily and weekly staff activities, briefing platoons on updated plans, schedules, developments and/or procedures
- Conduct training classes on fire safety & prevention, and arson reporting practices & procedures
- Meet with the public, federal, state and local regulatory agencies, other fire officials and professional organizations to provide information, resolve problems, plan activities and take other action required to meet the needs of the aviation community
- Prepare and manage department operating budget
- Provide support and development to staff through performance management, coaching, training, motivation, and discipline
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
Our culture is innovative and customer centric. We are a learning and performance culture where how we accomplish our priorities is equally important as what we accomplish. The successful candidate in the Fire Chief role will exhibit the following key competencies: Competencies for Director
- Communication – Able to clearly articulate short-term vision, departmental goals and objectives; Collaborate effectively with peers; Able to communicate policy and strategy to team members
- Strategic Thinking – Able to determine short-term outcomes and give guidance on how to meet goals; Able to direct and deliver plans to achieve efficient, on-time results
- Team Builder – Able to direct and implement project objectives through “one team” approach; Focused on developing team; Direct work of team through leadership and accountability; Makes informed decisions
- Customer Centricity – Leads team to identify and improve customer experience; Directs and implements improvements that positively impacts most stakeholders
The minimum requirements needed to qualify for the Fire Chief role are:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in fire services, public safety, aviation management or a related field.
- Five-Seven years related fire management experience.
- Certifications by Pennsylvania State or Nationally Recognized Equivalent: Firefighter 2, Airport Firefighter, EMT, Haz-Mat Incident Commander, Fire Officer 1, 2, & 3, Fire Instructor 1 & 2, Fire Inspector 1 & 2.
- NIMS Certification and Training; AAAE CMF preferred.
- Possess, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
All interested candidates should apply through the company website at www.flypittsburgh.com/careers.
To apply for this job email your details to TeClark@Flypittsburgh.com