Reporting to the Director of Operations and supported by a FY 2021 combined operating and capital budget of $3.4M and 23 FTE’s, the Chief of Police plans, coordinates, organizes and directs the Airport Police Department. Work involves communicating a balanced mission and vision regarding customer service and law enforcement in an airport environment and managing the Airport Communications/Dispatch Center. This is a sworn law enforcement position.
QUALIFYING EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires a combination of education and experience to successfully fulfill the leadership and technical needs of the Chief of Police position: 1. A Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Airport or Organizational Management, or a closely related field; AND, 2. A minimum of five (5) years law enforcement supervisory/command experience. In lieu of the educational requirement, a minimum of ten (10) year’s work experience as a Police Officer with at least eight (8) of those years in a supervisor/command role overseeing other law enforcement officers.
In addition, qualified applicants must meet the following requirements:
· Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an official Virginia Motor Vehicle Operator’s License (must be obtained within 45 days of hire date).
· Must possess a Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) Law Enforcement Officer Certification (or obtain within 6 months of hire date).
· Airport Security Coordinator (ASC) certification or ability to obtain ASC certification within 12 months.
· Ability to pass required security background check and security clearance.
· Ability to respond to emergencies at the Richmond Airport within 45 minutes of being notified of the occurrence.
Complete details on how to apply can be found in the recruitment profile located at:
To apply for this job please visit ACSFirm.CareerWebsite.com.